To acquire a greater facility in the mastery of English, only English should be spoken in the School premises. Pupils who have been absent from class must have the reason for their absence briefly noted in their “Regularity Record”. Birthday, excursions, urgent business are not sufficient reasons. ABSENCE FROM SCHOOL IN ORDER TO STUDY IS NEVER ALLOWED. No child is permitted to be absent before an examination. No leave of absence is given without a previous application in writing from the Parent / Guardian. No pupil is allowed to leave the school premises during class hours without the permission of the Principal which may be given on the strength of a letter of authorization from the Parent / Guardian. No books, periodicals or newspaper of an objectionable nature shall be brought into the School. Day Pupils are not allowed to carry letters or cooked food for the Boarders. Pupils are responsible for the safe custody of their books and belongings. Each article must be marked with the pupils name. No jewellery is to be worn in the School. Any damage done to school property will have to be made good by the pupil concerned. Wearing of P.T. Uniforms and white Canvas shoes for the same is compulsory. Pupils must attend class in the prescribed uniform which must be clean, neat and tidy. Parents are requested to collect their wards immediately after school is over, failing which the school will not be responsible for them.
The school will not accept responsibility for the loss of book, money, articles, clothing, mobile phones, camera and shoes. Pupils should bring their books, etc. in a bag that can be securely locked.
The Lady Principal must be informed of any change of address. School and House Badges may be obtained from the school office.
REGULARITY RECORD (Absence, Leave, Delay)
1. The purpose of regular attendance is to inculcate in the students, traits of punctuality, regularity and academic discipline. To be eligible for promotion, a student must have a minimum of 85% attendance. Absence from school without leave is not tolerated except for sudden illness or unforeseen circumstances in which case the information must be given at the earliest.
2. After an absence from school the reason for the absence must be entered briefly in the Regularity Record under “Absent” in the school diary. Reasons of a private nature must always be submitted in a letter. Parents / Guardians should give a prior intimation to the school within 3 days of their ward’s absence, if she is likely to be absent for a longer duration.
3. An Absence due to illness for two or more days, besides being entered in the Regularity Record under “Absent” must be accompanied by a doctor’s fit certificate.
4. Leave for religious ceremonies, wedding of close relative or special occasions must be obtained beforehand.
5. Leave of absence for reasons such as birthdays, excursions, festivals, weddings, time to study for an examination, is not considered sufficient reason for absence.
6. A leave granted must be recorded in the Regularity Record under “Leave” in the school diary, and this must be signed by the respective Head of the Departments.