Assessments and Promotion
1. Promotion at the end of the year will be based on attendance, continuous Assessment in every subject, work done during the year and the overall conduct record.
2. Periodic assessments held during the year are notified in the school diary.
3. Continuous assessments are meant to ensure regularity on the part of the student. Class tests are important part of the continuous assessment for the progress of the student.
4. For students who are absent for any Assessment/Block test I /Class Test, no provision can be made for supplementary tests.
5. Attendance for internal assessments & Projects for classes IX to XII are compulsory on the days scheduled. No exceptions can be made in this regard.
6. Failure to appear at any assessment can seriously affect a student’s academic progress and promotion. However no student must come to school to do a test and go back home after the test. She must attend the full day class.
7. Examinees are not expected to indulge in any of the following acts:
a) The use of unfair means, if discovered subsequently, will merit the cancellation of the particular paper and the student concerned will be given a zero.
b) A student is not expected to have in his possession any book, memorandum, or pocket book, notes, or papers whatsoever during the examination. There is no arrangement for “re-examination” or “promotion on trial”. No sick child must be sent to school.
3. The reports must be collected by the Parents on the stipulated day . In all questions of promotion or failure, the Principal’s decision is final.
Students of Classes KG to II will be promoted based on their performance in the continuous evaluation. Students of Class III to V are evaluated through a combination of continuous assessments. They must obtain 40% marks in all subjects to be promoted.